Coroner States That Margot Kidder's Death Was An Intentional Overdose

Coroner States That Margot Kidder's Death Was An Intentional Overdose

The Park County, Montana coroner's office has ruled Margot Kidder's death a suicide. The coroner didn't reveal precisely what drugs she had taken.

According to TMZ, Margot Kidder, the Superman alum, died due to an intentional drug and alcohol overdose.

Joan Kesich, a longtime friend who found Kidder's body, said Kidder was fearless and always spoke the truth, regardless of the consequences.

Her daughter Maggie McGuane said on Wednesday that it was a "big relief" to have the truth out.

She starred in the Superman trilogy released between 1978-1983 as hotshot reporter Lane, who was also the love interest of Clark Kent - played by Christopher Reeve, who died in 2004.

Kidder struggled with mental illness much of her life, and it was made worse by a 1990 auto accident that left her in debt and led to her using a wheelchair for nearly two years.

Elon Musk Considering Taking Tesla Private, Has Already Secured Funding
Image: Tesla said it met targets to produce 5,000 Model 3 vehicles per week by the end of its second quarter. Those who stay onboard would be able to sell shares or execute stock options approximately every six months.

In what was an obvious reference to the Superman movies, Kidder made a cameo in Smallville along with the series' stars Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack. She went missing for four days before being discovered in a Los Angeles homeowners' backyard.

McGuane urged people with mental illness to seek help.

She says it's a unique sort of grief and pain and that she would like to reach out to every family who is suffering through a loss by suicide.

Kidder, like Carrie Fisher, was an advocate for ending the social shame surrounding mental health issues.

If you or someone you know is dealing with suicidal thoughts, you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at: 1-800-273-8255. If you require emergency assistance please go to the nearest hospital or call 911.