World Media

Thailand cave rescue: Operation underway to bring boys out of cave

Thailand cave rescue: Operation underway to bring boys out of cave

It was not immediately known if a US diver was among them.

Two ambulances have left from a cave in northern Thailand, hours after an operation began to rescue 12 youth football players and their coach.

The team of 18 divers entering the cave have budgeted 11 hours for each rescue attempt to get the boys out-five hours to get there and six hours to get the boys out, with a one-hour rest.

A unsafe mission to rescue 12 Thai schoolboys and their soccer coach trapped inside a flooded cave for more than two weeks began on Sunday.

The Thai government released a graphic showing how the rescue from the Tham Luang cave would occur.

"On behalf of the worldwide football community, I would like to join you in expressing my deepest sympathies and support to the families of the players and coach, as well as my solidarity with the people of Thailand at this time of great concern", Infantino wrote in a FIFA statement.

"The water level has reached the lowest it has been in ten days". This caused the rescue mission to be expedited.

On Saturday Thai Navy SEALS published touching notes scrawled by the trapped footballers to their families, who had been waiting for them agonisingly close by outside the cave entrance. In total, the mission could last several days, he also said, though the team of worldwide divers on the site are apparently feeling "buoyed" by the success of the operation so far.

"Two kids are out".

Thai Soccer Coach Apologizes to Parents in Letter from Cave
The kids, some of whom can't even swim, are expected to wear scuba gear, with experienced divers by their side at all times. Meanwhile PayPal billionaire Elon Musk is sending experts from his Space X and Tesla vehicle companies.

The round trip for experienced divers takes 12 hours.

A multinational rescue operation led to their being found safe on a dry ledge, but their extraction through narrow, still-flooded accessways has posed a risky challenge, especially amid concern for their health after being trapped without light or nourishment for so long. Video by Kate Geraghty.

Narongsak told media the healthiest boys have been taken out first, with the remaining expected to prove a bigger challenge for rescue teams.

Harris studied to be an anaesthetist in New Zealand and has been diving in South Island cave systems in the past few years. I've told Yod to get ready to take me out for fried chicken.

A total of 18 expert divers - 13 worldwide and five Thai - were proceeding deep into the hillside through the waterlogged passages to the chamber where the team is located.

"Those unrelated to the rescue operation, please evacuate the area immediately".

One of the boys to emerge was a 13-year-old Mongkol Boonpiem, local media has reported.

The footballers were found by British cave diving specialists nine days after they ventured in, dishevelled and hungry, on a ledge several kilometres inside the cave.