Islamic State claims Paris knife attack that left 1 dead, 4 injured

Islamic State claims Paris knife attack that left 1 dead, 4 injured

Two were in serious condition and all the victims were in hospital.

The Islamic State group claimed responsibility, according to the SITE monitoring group, but provided no corroborating proof.

France has been repeatedly targeted by IS and experienced multiple deadly attacks. "I saw a guy lying on the floor, he was dead for me, the police arrived, they were so many".

A person was killed and four others were left injured after a man shouting "Allah hu Akbar" attacked them with a knife in the heart of Paris late on Saturday night.

Based on the statements and the manner of the attack, Molins said counterterrorism authorities opened a terrorism investigation into the incident.

Prosecutor Francois Molins said witnesses reported that the suspect shouted "Allahu Akbar", or "God is great" in Arabic.

French police confirmed to Reuters that one victim was also killed in the attack.

Vissel executive denies deal done for Barcelona's Andres Iniesta
The 34-year-old also clinched three UEFA Super Super Cups and three FIFA Club World Cup titles with 57 goals from 669 appearances in all competitions for the club.

The Islamic State (ISIS) claimed accountability for Saturday evening's knife assault saying it was in response to ISIS' requires supporters to focus on members of the USA -led navy coalition squeezing the extremists out of Iraq and Syria, the Aamaq information company stated in a press release.

"France once paid the price of bloodstream but didn't offer a inch into the enemies of flexibility", Macron mentioned in another, rebellious tweet.

Aggression in Paris: I salute the chilly blood and responsiveness of the police forces who neutralized the assailant.

The identity of the attack suspect and reason for the attack are unclear.

Four people were wounded during the knife attack in the touristy 2nd arrondissement, or district, of Paris.

French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said police were on the scene "within five minutes" of the attack and that some nine minutes later the assailant was dead, he added. The police said the attacker was armed with a knife, but gave no other details. The motive for the attack was not immediately known.